16 de mayo de 2019

Lydia Camarillo, Mi Reflejo


Obra de Rafael López CastroThe Virgin and La Malinche
MI REFLEJO

Who goes there?
   It is I,

Don't you recognize me?
   You made me your prostitute,
   Me hiciste tu esclava,
   Conquistaste y colonizaste mi gente.
   You alienated me from my people.
   Me hiciste la «Vendida».

¿Ya no te ACUERDAS de mí?
   Qué Poca Memoria Tienes,
   I have come to pay your dues,
   I have come to FREE my people.
      I AM MALINCHE.

Who goes there?
   It is I,

Don't you remember me?
   Your chauvinism impedes my inner growth,
   quemaste mis libros,
   you smashed all women's hopes,
   you destroyed my life.

¿Ya no to ACUERDAS de mí?
   I am the scientist:
   the gifted;
   the one with all wisdom,
Yo soy la mujer hermosa.

He venido con Malinche,
   I have come to make you pay.
   I have come to LIBERATE my people;
   he oppressed.

Yo soy
   SOR JUANA INÉS DE LA CRUZ.

Who goes there?
   It is I,

Don't you recognize me?
   I've stood behind your shadows,
   siglo tras siglo.
   He sido prisionera de tus males,
   He llorado por mis hijos,
   I have slept on blood-stained sheets,
   while my womb longs to give birth.

¿Ya no te ACUERDAS de mí?
   Yo soy el fruto de mi gente,
   llena de amor,
   y capaz de matar.
   I am «creation»,
   Vida con Vida,
   Y Arte.

I have come with Malinche and sor Juana.
   He venido a hacerte pagar.
   I have come to be part of the INSURRECTION of my people,
   the oppressed.
      I AM FRIEDA KAHLO.

Who goes there?
   It is I,

Don't you know me?
   I am the mother of the people.
   I am the symbol of fertility,
   pride,
   strength,
   beauty,
   and wisdom.
   I am the «SPIRITUAL TRUTH» of my people.
   He venido a traer «luz»
   I have come with Malinche, sor Juana, and Frieda.
   I have come to guide them to the EMANCIPATION de mis HIJOS.

Yo soy TONANTZÍN,
   la Virgen Morena.
      I AM LA VIRGEN DE GUADALUPE.

Who goes there?
   It is I,  

Don't you remember me?
   Soy la fuerza de mi gente.
   I am the invincible.
   Soy la Revolucionaria.

¿Ya no te ACUERDAS de mí?
   Perhaps you have forgotten,
   the outright plunder you have caused.

He venido a Recordarte:
   que mis Hijos se mueren de Hambre,
   While you sit in a French restaurant
   De lujo.

Have you forgotten,
   how many of my people have died unjustly?
   Se te ha Olvidado cuántos pintos hay.

QUÉ POCA MEMORIA TIENES,
   YOU,
   have exploited and oppressed my people.

But I have come to tell you!
   «¡BASTA!»

Si somos espejos de cada una,
   Soy Malinche,
      Soy la Virgen de Guadalupe,
         Soy sor Juana Inés de la Cruz,
             Soy Frieda Kahlo,
                Soy Mujer.  

I am the reflection of the oppressed.
   I am half the struggle...
      Y mi compañero la otra.

I have come to knock at your door,
   A Decirte,
      «¡NO MÁS!»

WE ARE THE REVOLUTION!




Lydia Camarillo
(Santa Cruz, California, EE.UU.)
POETA/SOCIÓLOGA
en Infinite Divisions: An Anthology of Chicana Literature
University of Arizona Press, Tucson, 1993
Compilación de Tey Diana Rebolledo y Eliana S. Rivero

No hay comentarios:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...